News & Links Archive
Archived McBassi news & other links that might be of interest
- Results of study on human capital management in Colorado organizations
- Paper on training investments as a predictor of banks’ stock market performance,
2004 to 2008
- Bassi/McMurrer paper released by OECD as Education Working Paper
- Presentation by Laurie Bassi on the economics of people and profits
- Article by McBassi in The Complete Lawyer on what HCM factors drive law firm success
- New white paper on McBassi research (with PlantSuccess) on Searching for the Human Capital Drivers of Process Safety
- Video interview with Laurie Bassi with i4cp on measuring the contribution of people – and other future trends in the field
- New white paper (with Association of Legal Administrators) on what human capital factors are most closely associated with law firm success
- New McBassi research on similarities (and, especially, differences) in Employee Engagement Drivers Across Organizations
- Bassi/McMurrer on “Maximizing Your Return on People” in March 2007 Harvard Business Review.
- Australia Human Resources Magazine on Investing in People: Convincing the CFO.
- Australia’s HR Monthly features interview with Laurie Bassi.
- Audio of Laurie Bassi interview with Australian Society for Training and Development. Listen here.
- McBassi’s Work in School District Highlighted: A recent article in The School Administrator described McBassi’s groundbreaking work in a South Carolina school district.
- Happy Workers, Higher Shares: International Herald Tribune article features McBassi CEO Laurie Bassi and explores the relationship between being a great place to work and a company’s financial success.
An archive of some older – but still valuable – resources from McBassi
- Determining Optimal Levels for Training Evaluations
- Attributes of the Ideal Human Capital Measurement System
- What CEOs Need to Know About “HR Stuff”
- Template for Building Business Cases for HR Investment
- Your Organization’s Commitment to Human Capital Development
- Your Organization’s Human Capital Systems
- Applying Six Sigma Techniques to Human Capital Management
- Next Generation Metrics as a Catalyst for Change
- What to Do When People Are Your Most Important Asset
Older Case Studies
Human Capital Management Capability Linked to GTSI’s Success
Case study of McBassi’s work (with Robbins-Gioia) at GTSI, establishing a human capital management baseline, measuring progress, and linking results with GTSI business outcomes.
- The Business of Learning: South Carolina School District Offers an Education in Superior Human Capital Management
In-depth case study describing the human capital efforts of a public school district, and the (perhaps surprising) implications for businesses everywhere.
- It’s All About the People: Developing and Measuring Talent at American Standard
In-depth case study describing the efforts of American Standard (a Fortune 500 company) to get smart about human capital management – and improve its bottom line in the process.